Friday, August 1, 2014
- Cruisetour Experience: Travel to a world long closed to western eyes to enjoy the mystical beauty of Myanmar on this 4-day journey. Guests will visit Yangon and Bangan to explore one of the world’s most revered UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Bagan Archaeological Zone. Highlights include a trip to Phwar Saw Village where locals welcome participants into their homes and share cooking secrets, using the market’s fresh ingredients.
- Cruise: Singapore & the Malay Peninsula, 10-day round trip voyage from Singapore
- Hotels: 5-Star Sule Shangri-La and 5-star Bagan Lodge
- Special Tip: For a limited time receive a free hot air balloon ride in Bagan.
- Cruisetour Experience: Journey to the ancient temples in Cambodia on this 3-day excursion. Guests will start in Siem Ream, with visits to Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Tonle Sap Lake, and Les Artisans d’Angkor. Highlights include a traditional Cambodian feast with a cultural dance performance and a guided tour on board a small shaded vessel moving between floating homes and small fish farms.
- Cruise: Southeast Asia Unveiled, a 10-day voyage from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Hotels: Le Meridien Angkor in Siem Reap and Caravelle Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
- Special tip: The Angkor Wat Cruistour can be booked either pre- or post- cruise.
- Cruisetour Experience: Explore the ancient city of Cairo on this 5-day excursion. Guests will leave the ship in Luxor before traveling to Cairo to tour the ancient Pyramids of Giza and the mysterious Sphinx. Local highlights include a tour of the Solar Boat, the ritual vessel believed to provide transport for the Pharoah’s soul to the afterlife, as well as a camel ride through the desert.
- Cruise: Wonders of Arabia, a 6-day voyage from Athens to Safaga
- Hotels: Hilton Luxor, and 5-Star Mena House Hotel in Giza
- Special tip: Join Windstar CEO Hans Birkholz as he hosts this Wonders of Arabia voyage.
SKIDDOO YOUR WAY TO EUROPE WITH FLIGHTS FROM $1,150!
If it’s been a big year and you are looking to escape before the silly season starts, travel booking site Skiddoo.com.au makes it easy for you to skedaddle to Europe with some special deals flying with Etihad Airways.
• Return flights to Amsterdam from Brisbane from $1,151
• Fly Perth to London from $1,340 return
• Fares for return flights to Paris from Melbourne start from $1,155
• Have a Roman adventure with return fares from Sydney $1,133
The special deals are for new bookings made before 15 August 2014, for flights departing between 1O October to 10 December. Other terms and conditions apply. See www.skiddoo.com.au for more details.
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Sydney's favourite sporting event is back, and this year to celebrate City2Surf, LAN Airlines is giving YOU the opportunity to WIN return flights to Rio de Janeiro with its new City2Surf inspired Facebook campaign, Footsteps to Rio.
LAN Airlines is asking Aussies joggers, sprinters, walkers and travellers to guess the number of footsteps it would take to walk from Sydney to Rio. The person who guesses closest to the correct number will be spared the journey by foot and instead flown from Sydney to Rio with LAN Airlines.
The Footsteps to Rio competition runs alongside City2Surf until 24 August, 2014 so get those sweatbands ready, get those suitcases packed, and get guessing. Entry is via LAN Airlines Australia's Facebook page, with the lucky winner receiving two return economy flights to Rio de Janeiro.
1 Notes to editor:
LAN Airlines now operates seven one-stop flights each week from Sydney to Santiago, Chile, the gateway to South America. Onward connections to over 115 destinations in South America are operated by both LAN Airlines and TAM Airlines. LAN also offers non-stop flights between Sydney and Santiago every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday in a codeshare partnership with oneworld partner airline Qantas. Flights with codeshare partner are 14 hours from Sydney to Santiago. For more information or to make a booking contact travel agents, call LAN reservations on 1800 558 129, or visit www.lan.com.
Bed, Bath & Bike - Pier One Sydney Harbour offers guests a unique way to see the iconic sights of Sydney with the suite-est package available
cruise tour introduced by cruise holiday specialists ecruising.travel for 2016, with a special promotion of room upgrades at both the luxurious Chilean properties of explora when you book before August 31, 2014.
Cruising heads to Africa, Myanmar, the Antarctic, India, New Zealand, France Fiji, Russia and Australia – the oceans are alive with the sound of ship music! Also in this issue: Alaska, Abu Dhabi, Korea, Samoa, Indi, South Africa, England, Germany, Switzerland, France.
And at home we visit Launceston, Sydney and Queensland – and have a $10,000 Downton Abbey era tour of Britain up for competition grabs! Visit: www.getupandgo.com.au
FROM one of the driest places on earth to the world's most southern tip is the route for a new luxury cruise tour introduced by cruise holiday specialists ecruising.travel for 2016, with a special promotion of room upgrades at both the luxurious Chilean properties of explora when you book before August 31, 2014.
This exclusive and fully escorted 17-night journey begins in Santiago on March 31 with welcome dinner at the famous Aqui esta coco restaurant, followed by a day trip to the Casablanca Valley with wine tasting and lunch at the famous Casas del Bosque winery.
You will fly to Calama and spend five nights at the fully inclusive explora Atacama, situated near the village of San Pedro de Atacama, where you can discover the terrain, ancestral culture and unique wildlife through a range of explorations that vary in durations from a couple of hours to a full day. Activities include trekking, horseback riding, cycling explorations, high-mountain climbs and stargazing sessions.
We've saved the best for last with five nights at explora Patagonia located in the heart of Torres del Paine and on the shores of Lake Pehoé offering a breath-taking view of the Paine Massif. You'll have plenty of time to explore the stunning landscape by foot or horseback and view the peaks, glaciers, lakes and rich flora and fauna.
Priced from $11,869 per person twin share, this fully inclusive and escorted tour includes return economy airfares from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne, three nights at the W Hotel in Santiago with daily breakfast, welcome dinner at Aqui esta Coco in Santiago, a full day wine tasting tour with lunch at Casablanca Valley, three nights cruise on board M/V Via Australis with all meals, shore excursions and on-board gratuities, five nights at both explora Atacama and Patagonia- with all meals, beverages, guided explorations and transfers.