|Copyright: Raw Wildlife Encounters|
The safari begins at Tangkahan, famous for its community-based ecotourism. On the way, you'll stop off at Batang Sarangan to explore the local markets and experience the colour and richness of the Karonese culture. At Bukit Lawang, you'll aim to witness the wild orangutans in the area.
Throughout the tour, you'll stay in comfortable eco lodges, jungle caves and a campsite at Bukit Lawang, which is the home of several species of primates, including the Thomas Leaf Monkey and endangered Orangutan.
This 12-day tours includes:
- Bathing and hand-feeding elephants
- Witnessing of wild orangutans
- River tubing from village to village
- Walking with orphan elephants through jungles to secluded waterfall caves
- Exploring Bat Cave
- Overnighting under a waterfall cave
- Immersing yourself into village life and enjoying the gracious hospitality of the Karonese people
- Observing a multitude of wildlife, including gibbons, monkeys, elephants, birds and of course the gorgeous orangutans.
There is so much on this jungle safari to experience and learn, as you attune your senses to the wonderful sights and sounds of the stunning Sumatran landscape. Your guide for the tour is a wildlife professional, and she will be supported by the local guides of Tangkahan. So escape to the jungles of North Sumatra this March for only $3240 single or $2993 twin share.
To book, visit http://www.rawildlife.com.au/tours or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Conditions apply. Flights additional. Bookings from now until 28th February, 2015. Six spots only.