Designed specifically for those travelling with kids in tow, the 4-day package highlights the best of the Red Centre including Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Walpa Gorge and plenty of Aussie outback.
The itinerary has been designed by parents, for parents with those all-important details catered for such as earlier tours to allow for bedtime, free time to take advantage of the resort pool and kid-friendly food and drink options. Exclusive to the Uluru Family Shindig, young guests will receive an AAT Kings water bottle, bucket hat, backpack and work book full of relevant activities.
As well as plenty of family bonding, sightseeing highlights include:
- Parents can relax and reconnect while watching the sunset over Uluru with a glass of wine in hand while kids are met by a National Park Ranger who'll entertain and educate them about what they'll be seeing and experiencing over the coming days.
- See if there are any budding artists in the family. Join local Indigenous artists for an interactive dot-paining workshop. The artists talk through the symbols used before you can paint your own masterpiece.
- The more refined taste buds can tuck into prawns while little ones may prefer sausages at the award winner Uluru Barbecue Dinner.
- Spend a morning exploring Uluru – watch the sunrise with a cuppa or hot chocolate, enjoy an interpretive walk around parts of the Rock and see ancient rock art and waterholes.
- A trip to the Red Centre isn't complete without a camel ride through the desert.
AAT Kings' 4-day Uluru Family Shindig short break is priced from $3,275 for two adults and two children (land only) and is available exclusively to Flight Centre customers. Price includes three nights' accommodation, National Park entry fee, three breakfasts, one dinner, camel ride, hat and water bottle and a backpack, educational workbook, stationary pack and sunscreen for every child. Five departure dates available in 2015: 29 June, 6 July, 17 August, 21 September and 28 September. Alternative options available depending on family size.
Visit http://www.flightcentre.com.au/promotions/uluru-family-shindig for more information or visit in-store to talk to your local Flight Centre travel consultant.
Need convincing or just your daily dose of cute?
• See the Uluru Family Shindig get road tested here.
• Want to know the top ten kid-friendly activities at Uluru? Watch here.
• Read all about one family's experience on the Uluru Family Shindig tour here.