See the World – or a Bit of It
From Only $144 a Day
Cruise Express is offering Australians the chance to join a round-the-world voyage in 2017 aboard Magellan, Cruise and Maritimes Voyages' newest ship, named after the Portuguese explorer who led the first circumnavigation of the world almost 500 years ago.
Ferdinand Magellan headed the first voyage around the planet in 1519 but only one of the ships finished the circumnavigation in 1522 and without Magellan, who passed away during the voyage.
The 2017 world voyage aboard the 1250-passenger Magellan will offer passengers infinitely more comfort than that experienced by the early explorers, although the ship, known for its warm and friendly ambience, is still small enough for crew to know passengers by name. Magellan will take 120 nights to visit 45 destinations, including Australia where local, modern-day explorers can embark or disembark the ship for a traditional line voyage between here and England.
Departing Tilbury, England, on January 5, 2017, Magellan will visit Amsterdam and then head for the Azores in the Atlantic and the Caribbean before transiting the Panama Canal on course to the Mexican Riviera, Tahiti, the Cook Islands and New Zealand, before visiting Sydney, the Whitsundays, Townsville, Cairns and Darwin. From Australia, the itinerary takes in ports across Asia, the Maldives, India and Oman as well as Egypt, the Suez Canal and the Mediterranean, with Magellan ending the four-month odyssey back in Tilbury on May 5, 2017.
Cruise Express is offering Australians various world cruise sectors including:
* 27 nights from Sydney on February 23, 2017, to Hong Kong from $3899 per person, twin-share, or $144 a day
* 37 nights from Sydney on February 23, 2017, to Singapore from $5399 per person, twin-share
* 49 nights from Tilbury on January 5, 2017, to Sydney, from $7069 per person, twin-share
* 71 nights from Sydney on February 23, 2017, to Tilbury from $10,249 per person, twin-share
* The full 120-night world voyage from Tilbury on January 5, 2017, from $17,550 per person, twin
share, or $146 a day
Connecting flights can also be booked through Cruise Express. For bookings and details, call Cruise Express on 1300 764 509 or visit www.cruiseexpress.com.au