French Travel Connection is now offering thousands of dollars’ worth of savings on a wide range of
crewed canal barge holidays booked and deposited before 28 March 2014.
Savings of between EUR1,000 (AUD$1,500*) and EUR2,000 (AUD$3,000*) per cabin are available for departures during the European spring and summer (6 April to 24 August 2014) on beautifully-appointed six-, eight- and 12-passenger crewed barges travelling the picturesque and popular Gascony, Canal du Midi and Burgundy regions of France.
Alternatively, family groups and friends can book out an entire vessel with crew –reaping savings of EUR3,000 (AUD$4,500*) on the full charter price of selected eight-passenger barges, and up to EUR10,000 (AUD$15,000*) on the price of designated 12-passenger barges.
The six-night journeys offer a gentle, stress-free holiday showcasing charming local villages, fascinating historical sites, wine-tastings, regional gourmet food and leisurely cycling along the tow paths.
Crewed Canal Barging is a fully-inclusive experience. Prices include:
- accommodation in a twin share air-conditioned en-suite cabin
- all gourmet meals aboard and ashore (and fine wines with meals)
- all excursions and admittance fees
- use of bicycles and other barge facilities (such as jacuzzi)
- local transfers
- services of an experienced crew of four to six French- and English-speakers, including a captain, tour guide, housekeeper and masterchef showcasing the best in fresh local produce.
For full details and bookings contact French Travel Connection.
Save hours on your travel research. Get brochures delivered to your door for free. Digital option too.